Saturday, December 08, 2012

Saturday 9: Blue Christmas

Crazy Sam’s Saturday 9: Blue Christmas
 
1) Do you ever suffer the blues during the holidays?
Yes.

2) More than 18 million visitors have toured Elvis' home, Graceland. Have you ever been there?
 No.

3) Elvis dyed his naturally light brown locks black. Do you dye your hair?
No.

4) He also insisted his young girlfriend, Priscilla, dye her hair jet black. If your lover asked you to change your hair, would you?
No.

5) Elvis served his country at an Army base in Friedberg, Germany. Have you ever been to Germany?
No.

6) Elvis famously had an affair with Ann-Margret during the filming of Viva Las Vegas. Have you ever indulged in a dalliance with a coworker?
No.

7) Thinking of his movies ... Elvis was, by and large, unhappy with his film career and once said, "The only thing worse than watching a bad movie is being in one." Are you happy with the way your career is going/has gone?
Yes.

8) Elvis lost "the battle of the bulge" toward end of his life. Are you happy with your weight?
No.

9) As a teenager, Elvis worked as an usher at a movie theater. What was your first job?
Counting the number of chairs in schools (WOW! She gave more than a one word answer). I went around the state counting the number of chairs, typewriters, laths, etc. of school equipment that was purchased grants from the state for schools (In other words, I took inventory) and we were even given a state car to do it.

7 comments:

  1. I just found out that a couple that we know, sit once or twice a month in a nearby roadside rest and count the number of folks wearing seatbelts, for the highway patrol. Never knew that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was part of an inventory crew once. It was tedious. At least you got a state car!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just curious - what's with all the one-word answers? Like, why bother? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was just being funny and poking fun at the questions.

    Also, I was in the "blue mood" from the holidays because they do get me down. I think I get a touch of SAD around this time when the days are short and overcast for days at a time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all of your no answers. sweet and simple.

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would be so bored counting chairs and things, but I am picturing you as the count from Sesame Street.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gotcha. I'm sorry you're so blue. :(

    ReplyDelete