Saturday, December 01, 2012

Saturday 9: Beer Barrel Polka

Crazy Sam’s Saturday 9: Beer Barrel Polka

1) Have you ever danced the polka?
Nope.

2) Frankie Yankovic was a stellar accordion player. What instrument have you mastered, or would like to learn?
I would have liked to learned to pay a guitar, but I have no sense of rhythm.

3) When Frankie died in 1998, his obituary proclaimed him as "America's Polka King." Lucille Ball was "The Queen of Comedy" and Michael Jackson was "The King of Pop." What royal title do you deserve?
The Queen of queens

4) Do you like light beer?
No, I’m not a fan of light beer and also I have to count my carbs and I rather use my carb allowance on something that I like.

5) In 1901, daredevil Annie Taylor successfully went over Niagara Falls in a barrel. She was badly bruised but otherwise fine. How much money would it take for you do to do something that dangerous?
No amount of money, my life is more important than money.

6) When was the last time you visited a pet store?
Never, I don’t own any pets.

7) What's your favorite salad dressing?
 Oil and vinegar with a dash of Mrs. Dash.

8)  Sam Winters is crazy about her smart phone. She uses it to take pictures, record videos, listen to tunes, answer emails and surf the net and, oh yeah, she even uses it to make calls. How indispensable is your mobile phone in your day-to-day life?
No much, I don’t have a smart phone and I use my cell phone maybe once or twice a week. My bill this month said I used my phone a total of 14 minutes.

9) "Kocham cię" is "I love you" in Polish. Can you say "I love you" in a language other than English (and Polish)?
I have a hard enough time saying it in English let along in another language.

7 comments:

  1. I was always envious of people who could play a guitar. It is a great folk instrument.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your answer to #9 because I can so relate. I think saying that takes more courage than going over the Falls in a barrel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The whole thing with a smart phone is this: If you are working (in my case o the road all day) the ability to hear radio stations all over the country or read the newspasper while I'm waiting, is worth every dollar!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why moderation and the robot thang?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bud, I have been getting a lot of harassing comments that use derogatory language.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay, you killed me with your Queen of Queens.
    Have a great rest of your weekend Diana!

    ReplyDelete