Monday, September 24, 2012

I Get So Frustrated…

I read all these blog posts, Facebook posts and news article saying how great that discrimination against LGBT military service members has ended. Which is wrong, it is only the LGB who serve openly in the military, trans-people still can get shown the door.

 I went to the websites for Servicemembers Legal Defense Network (SLDN), the Human Rights Campaign (HRC), the Palm Center, and Servicemembers United and you know what? I didn’t find on any of their websites anything about transgender. Maybe it is on their websites, but I couldn’t find anything about still fighting for trans-rights.

I don’t know how many times I have heard, don’t worry we will come back for you. But they never have.

1 comment:

  1. I join you in your frustration. We have been reduced not only to a single letter but a forgotten one at that.

    ReplyDelete