Saturday, June 02, 2012

Saturday Six Episode #425

Patrick’s Place Saturday Six Episode #425

1. What is the first movie you remember watching in a theater?
Are you kidding! That was over 55 years ago.

2. Was the first phone you ever used a rotary or push-button style phone?
Neither, you picked up the phone and you say, “Marge, connect me with Jane.” …just kidding. I’m not that old, it was a rotary phone.
BTW, did you know that rotary phones still work.

3. Was the first car you owned new or used?
New.  (My earlier answer I attribute it to being too early in the morning) 

4. When did you first think you knew for certain what you wanted to do when you grew up?
When I was in high school and I liked science.
When I was 59 and decided that I wanted to help people have better lives

5. How old were you the first time you set foot on an airplane?
Oh somewhere in my teens when we flew down to Cape Canaveral

6. What’s the first book that you read and really enjoyed?
That one I do remember, I didn’t read much outside of books for school and it was in college when my roommate turned me on to science fiction. The first book that I read that I enjoyed was Robert Heinlein’s A Stranger in a Strange Land

3 comments:

  1. #1 I just had to answer that one. It was about the same time I was going to the theater during Saturday mornings kid time movies. They're not the ones I remember. The one I remember is 'Night of the Iguana'. Momma and Daddy had a big fight, as they were prone to do, and momma took me and my little sister with her to the movies just to get away from Daddy. It's they only movie I remember going to with my mother.
    #2 Rotary-Na4-5765
    #3 '53 Chevy in 1969-so used
    #4 Still don't know!
    #5 17 Joined the Army.
    #6 Dick and Jane - not that one! The first grade primer one!

    Have a good day!
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. As for your answer to number 2? I AM that old. My parents were "Central", the small-town switchboard operators.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The rural area switched over to the central office switching system later than the cities.

    We both sound around the same age, born just after WW II.

    ReplyDelete