Saturday, June 16, 2012

Saturday 9: Hot Fun In the Summertime

Crazy Sam’s Saturday 9: Hot Fun In the Summertime

1. What do you have planned for fun in the summertime?
I’m going to visit some friends out on Long Island one weekend in July and at the end of July I’m going to a folk music festival up in New York for a day. Plus hanging out up at the lake house in New Hampshire.

2. Who was the last celebrity that you thought was bright until you saw them interviewed?
I have no interesting in anything that celebrities do or don’t do.

3. Do you think that the U.S. and our present war(s) seem to just ignore our history?
Well I don’t know how to answer that, ignore them in what way? I do think that our past history lead us to where we are today. Our treatment of the Middle East throughout history resulted in the wars we are fighting today.

4. Have you ever conformed just to "fit in"?
Who me? Do I look like that I fit in? Yesterday, I was at a seminar that was for “start-up” small businesses, out of 300 people there do you know how many 6 foot trans-women where there?

5. Do you feel that you at times do not enjoy the moment because you are worried about what will come next?
Yes. My health has taken a turn for the worst, I was diagnosed with Diabetes in January and I have many complications that are associated with the disease (and they are not fun).
  
6. Does it seem that when you learn more about yourself, that others' opinions of you seem stupid?
Well yes, many people judge me without knowing me and feel that they have to express their views.

7. In rock & roll history, what bands or artists do you think made the biggest impact?
I was trying to think what bands had the biggest impact and I can’t name any 3 or 4 bands that had the most impact. But I think that it was an era that had the biggest impact, that it was the late 60’s and early 70’s that had the most impact on today’s music (But then I’m a little biased).

8. Who do you blame for the state of the economy? Why?
The Republicans, their “trickle down” theory didn’t work for President Regan and it didn’t work for President Bush and it won’t work for Romney. It is the middle class that drive the economy; they buy the televisions, the refrigerators, the cars, not the millionaires or billionaires. After all home many refrigerators can they buy? 20 or 30 for all their mansions compared to millions of middle class households.

9. Do you get upset and do you think you're being lazy when you do nothing?
No. But I should get out and exercise more.

3 comments:

  1. I totally agree with you about music.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No I don't think you fit in. But knowing you has educated me more than I realized. I work in a racist, sexist over 5 white guy company.

    Yesterday were told we were marketing to the GLBT community. The asshole jokes were gross. I would have found it bad befoere, I you've put a face on it...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Trickle down is a scam. I don't know why people keep falling for it.

    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete