Monday, June 04, 2012

Outreach

Today I'm off to do an "Outreach" at the southeast office of the Department of Mental Health and Addition Services in Norwich. The outreach is with the Stonewall Speakers. This is my second outreach at DMHAS in Norwich, the first was with ctEQUAITY to talk about the then proposed gender inclusive anti-discrimination bill. I also did an outreach at the Middletown office at Connecticut Valley Hospital training facility.

Outreach is not for everyone, but for me I like educating people on trans-issues and maybe some day some trans-person life would be a little easier because of the work we are doing now.

Update 5:00PM: The outreach went very well. The panelist were all MSWs and the audience were all healthcare professionals... how could it be any better.

No comments:

Post a Comment