Sunday, April 08, 2012

Happy Easter!

Today, the family is not doing anything special; normally I would have gone to my niece’s house in New Jersey, but it would have been a three hour drive down there.

I decided to have something besides our usual Easter ham, so I made a Lobster Pot Pie. When I visited the dietician, I asked her about lobster, she said yes to boiled lobster and no to lobster Newberg. So yesterday I was looking through on-line recipes and I came across a chicken pot pie recipe that I thought was interesting and I decided to substitute lobster for chicken.


Quick Lobster (Chicken) Pot Pie

  • 1 cup cooked lobster meat – substitute 2 skinless chicken breasts, cut up in to cubes for the lobster meat if you are making chicken pot pie.
  • 1 cups frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
  • 1 medium potato diced
  • ½ cups small whole onions, thawed
  • 1 (10 ounce) can cream of celery soup (I used low sodium) – substitute a can of cream of chicken for chicken pot pie
  • Pie crust
  • 1 can of water

Preheat oven to 400°F. Place the pot pie bowl (I use individual pot-pie pottery bowls) on the pie crust and cut out a circle the size of the bowl. Mix lobster, vegetables and cream of celery soup together, 1 can of water (the soup can) and put the mixture in a bowl. Cover the bowl with the pie crust. Bake in the oven for 30 minutes or until top turns golden brown.

It was delicious! And it was also easy to make (only about 15 minutes to prepare).

2 comments: