Saturday, March 17, 2012

Back To The Conference

Even through both workshops that I wanted to attend were canceled, I still had a good time seeing everyone that I haven’t seen since the last conference. I have made so many friends there at the conference over the years, that the conference has become a social event as well as an educational event.

This morning I give my workshop, so wish me luck! I’m always nervous about the turn-out, fearing that no one will show up. I gave this workshop about three years ago and I had the same fears then, it was in the last timeslot of the conference, 2:45 – 4:00. It was cold, windy and snow/sleeting and I thought no one is going to stay for the last workshop in this weather, driving home over icy roads. At 2:30, there were only a couple of people in the classroom; 2:40, a few more wander in… 2:45, the room fills up to capacity and there is “standing room only”! This year, I’m in the 10:30 – 11:45 timeslot… the prime slot of the day. But of course I’m still worrying… what if I get lousy evaluations …what if…

No comments:

Post a Comment