Sunday, January 29, 2012

I’ve Been Procrastinating…

I have to write up the Learning Agreement for my intern and I have been putting it off. I have to list what she will be doing for us this semester and how it will relate to her course of study; it is mostly BS and fluff. Last year I was on the other side of the contract and I think it is a lot harder writing it than doing it.

Here are some of the questions that I have to fill out…
Description of generalist social work assignments:

Individuals, Groups & Families assignments: (For example, list specific number and type of individual, group, family cases and whether the student is assigned to be primary worker, co-facilitator, observer etc.)

Community/Policy Practice assignments: (For example, students might be assigned to research a policy and its impact on clients; track a legislative initiative; interview clients to learn their perspective as service recipients; participate in a committee writing new policies for the agency; or participate in a coalition)
Then I have to fill a list of competences…
Competence #1: Intern identifies as a professional social worker and conducts himself/herself accordingly. Assignments should involve: client advocacy, understanding of professional development and deportment, professional roles and boundaries, and the use of supervision.

Competence #2: Intern applies social work ethical principles to guide his or her professional practice. Assignments should include: discussing personal values and practice in using the NASW Code of Ethics to make ethical decisions.
And they go up to list 10 competencies. Then at the end of the semester I have to evaluate her.

Paperwork, paperwork, paperwork.

No comments:

Post a Comment