Wednesday, October 12, 2011

I Was Away For My Birthday

I went up to my brother’s and sister-in-law’s in Maine for birthday and it was nice to be able to get away for a little while and relax. On Saturday we went for a walk on a new trial that they just opened, it was a section of the Eastern Trail in Arundel. Sunday morning, the weather was beautiful so we went out to the beach for a couple of hours; I sat out on the beach and napped while the black flies were biting my ankles. In the afternoon we took a drive up into the mountains. I snapped these pictures along the way.

Monday, I went with my brother up to Portland’s “Bug” Light and made our way down the coast.

The new and the old, a windjammer coming into port passes by Carnival Glory cruise ship.

Fort Gorges in Portland Harbor.

We then headed south and stopped at another section of the Eastern Trail in Scarborough.


Finally we went to the Rachel Carson National Wildlife Refuge.
(In the distance, you can see the Atlantic Ocean)

2 comments: