Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Day Two At Fantasia Fair

Yesterday I skipped most of the workshops and only attended the keynote address after lunch. The keynote was by Dr. Richard Docter, it was OK, but the talk cover a lot of stuff that I already knew and in the evening they had a buffet at the Crown and Anchor which was followed by a concert Angelica Ross. She was excellent, but the chairs were awful. My back and fanny started aching half way through the first set and I had to leave by the beginning of the second set.

Today was my workshop. I woke lake and had to rush to make it in time for the presentation; I made it by only 5 minutes. The workshop went very well and had about six or seven people who attended it, which I thought, was good because the focus is not on activism. Afterward I had lunch with some friends and attended the Keynote address by Monica Helms. Ms. Helms is the head of TAVA (Transgender America Veterans Association). She was one of the major players who help change the Veterans Administration policy for transgender veterans.

Tonight there is the Virginia Prince Award banquet and Monica and another person will receive this year’s award.

No comments:

Post a Comment