Sunday, October 23, 2011

Day Seven At Fantasia Fair In Provincetown MA

I’m sitting here at the cottage and there is a cardinal sitting right outside the window on an evergreen tree eating the berries and a Fitch is keeping him company. That is how today has been, quite. I went into P’town for lunch and to hear the keynote speaker, Donna Rose. Then I headed back to the cottage to take a nap, so that I can be rested up for tonight’s banquet.

My friends who I am sharing the cottage with went out on the Whale Watch tour and it looks like they had a fabulous day for it. Neither of them has been out on the ocean in a small boat before so it was an adventure for them and got to see a whale.

There really two fairs in one, after all the events are done during the day, the night time unofficial fair begins and lasts till the wee hours in the morning. That is where the meaning of life is discussed, the whys and how’s of being trans. Politics and many other topics. The thoughts get deeper as the nights gets on and the booze flows freely. Everything from motorcycles to computers gets discussed. What is amazing in that there are probably more PhDs in that room than you would find on a collage campus. However, that is not for me, I’m lucky if I can make it past 11 o’clock.

Update: the banquet was OK, I got to talk some new people that I haven’t met before and also one person there for the first time. She is from Connecticut and she is thinking about coming to a Connecticut Outreach Society’s meeting. There were a couple of things that I didn’t like about where they held the banquet. Frist, it was too small, they had us packed in like sardines and second, I don’t think they had a kitchen big enough to cook all the meals. It took over an hour to serve all of us; some were finished by the time the last people were being served.

No comments:

Post a Comment