Monday, October 17, 2011

Day One At Fantasia Fair

I got up to our cottage around two yesterday and met up with my friends who had as just arrived. The cottage that we are renting for the week is a nice “quaint” by the sea. It is a typical Cape Cod cottage. The cottage on outside has grey shank cedar shingles and the inside is all knotty-pine. We are only about 300 feet from the bay side in North Eastham and we can catch glimpse of the ocean.

The first event of the conference was a reception that night at a sushi bar in Provincetown at it was about a twenty minute drive from the cottage. I thought the reception was at Crown Point, but when I got there no one was there, I thought it must be at the Crown and Anchor, so I walked down there and it wasn’t there either. So I asked the bartender and she said it was at Sushi’s.

When I got there I recognized many of the people there from past fairs and someone made a comment to me that the group seems to be getting older. When I thought about the comment, I realized that it was true. Most of the attendees they have been coming for many years and it shows.

When I woke today it was raining… the forecast last night said no rain. So much for the forecast. This morning the sun came out and we took a walk on the beach.

Here is a photo of the deck…
And the path down to the beach…

3 comments:

  1. wow looks like a wonderful place to spend the week. have a great time, I'm so jealous. darn job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks lovely! Hope you have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice cottage! Hope you have much improved weather!

    ReplyDelete