Saturday, February 19, 2011

Saturday Six – Episode 358

Patrick’s Place Saturday Six – Episode 358

1. Counting paintings, photographs and other artwork, no matter who created it, how many pieces do you have hanging on your walls in your home?
Oh about a dozen.

2. In which room of your house do you have the most art?
In my office

3. Describe the one that you think is the coolest?
I took this photograph when I was visiting my brother and sister-in-law in Maine. If I remember right, my brother and I were just driving back from an aborted walk (too much snow still on the trail), when I saw this wharf. I stopped the car and I snapped this photo. The wharf is located in Cape Porpoise.

4. Describe the one that has the greatest sentimental value to you.
It is a photograph that I took of my parents. They wanted a photo on their 60 anniversary, and they were posing for the picture, when I snapped a candid photo that turned out to be the best. Sometimes the best photographs are the one that are not staged. What I like about this photo is that you can see their love in their eyes.







5. Take the quiz: What Artist Should Paint Your Portrait?




Who Should Paint You: M.C. Escher



Open and raw, you would let your true self show for your portrait.
And even if your painting turned out a bit dark, it would be honest.


6. If an artist actually asked you to pose (clothed) for a local artists’ group so that they could all paint your portrait, would you do it?
Yes, it would be fun to see how they all saw me.

4 comments:

  1. It really a lovely pictures capturing the love for each other. Have a great weekend on Saturday Meme

    ReplyDelete
  2. I took the quiz and came up with same answer as you Diana. I'm thrilled.
    Huggles,
    Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic photos! You really captured your parents.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I smiled when with your parents pic..yeah, they're so much in love.

    BTW: Oh the Jack/Rose? yeah, it's from the movie TiTanic.

    Thanks for the visit.

    kat

    ReplyDelete