Saturday, February 05, 2011

Saturday Six – Episode 356

Patrick’s Place Saturday Six – Episode 356

1. What was the first car you ever owned, even if it was a hand-me-down?
A Chevy Vega… don’t laugh please. After all it was named car of the year by Car and Driver.
The car burned so much oil, I use to buy it by the gallon and my friends nicked named it “The Blue Streak” after the clouds of oil smoke it left behind.

2. Which car drove better: the first one you ever drove or your current car?
My current car, it never burns any oil.

3. Which car did you feel safer in: the first one you ever drove or your current one?
My current car, it has six airbags, anti-lock brakes and skid control. While the Vega had an all metal dash and a lap belt.

4. Take the quiz: Are You a Good Driver?




You Passed Your Driver's Test



Congratulations, you got 9/10 correct.
You're a good driver - at least, when you want to be.


I got 9 out of 10 right; however, the question I got wrong on the quiz was state specific. Here in Connecticut you can only cross the street legally in a crossway or at an intersection.

5. Consider the last “close call” you had with another driver on the road: was it your fault or theirs?
It was my fault. I couldn’t see the traffic light without bending forward to see it and when the car next to me went, I went. Unfortunately, he a left turn arrow and I still had a red light…ops. Luckily nobody on the other side was making a left turn.

6. If you could place “traffic light” cameras at any location to catch any kind of violation, where would you place them and what violation would you be hoping to put a stop to?
I am against them; they are way too much Big Brother. When the proponents of the bill say it cuts down on the number of side collisions it is correct. However, the number of rear end collisions goes up dramatically, with a corresponding number of back and neck injuries. Traffic light camera are just a source of revenue for the cities.

No comments:

Post a Comment