Thursday, December 02, 2010

My Story Part 55 – Regrets

My biggest regret is that I wish when I was interviewed by the press, that I didn’t use my real name. Now when you Google my name, there is no doubt that I am transgender.

Google sees all…Google knows all.

I have a friend who did that. When he married, he took his wife’s last name and he uses his old name for all of the trans-activism that he does out in the community. I wish that I had thought of that when I first was interviewed down in Washington DC and that interview from 2007 still shows up when I do a vanity search. There is no putting the cat back in the bag.

The worst offendersare those web-sites that collect data on people as business affiliations. I am listed as working for companies that were mentioned in articles that had my name in them. I have contacted a number of them to take my name down and they have, but it keeps popping back up on their sites.

So a word to the wise, it you do not want you name forever and ever associated with being transgender, do not post anything on the web with your last name.

No comments:

Post a Comment