Friday, November 19, 2010

Saturday 9: Happy Turkey Day 2010

Crazy Sam’s Saturday 9: Happy Turkey Day 2010



1. Tell us about you very favorite (yes we know that's redundant) Thanksgiving.

It was the Thanksgiving in 2007. What made it special was that the whole family was up at our cottage in New Hampshire and it was that first Thanksgiving that I was able to be myself.

2. What are you doing for Turkey Day this year?
Driving down to my niece’s in New Jersey, it will just be my brother and his wife, my niece and her son and me.

3. If you were to go to somebody else’s house, what would be your favorite dish to bring?
Corn pudding

4. Tell us about the funniest person that you'll be with this Thanksgiving.
I don’t think that I will be with any funny people.

5. What would surprise us to know about your Thanksgivings?
Hmm… I don’t know. Maybe that I drive 3 hours to go for dinner. But it is all worth it to be with family.

6. Does your usual mix of guests result in drama, or is it a group you’re happy to see?
Nope, we are all happy to see each other. And we even stay that way until we leave.

7. What did your family do for Thanksgiving when you were a kid? Do you still do it?
When to grand ma’s house in a sleigh… over the river and through the woods. Actually we went to my aunts or cousins houses for the holidays, rotating the locations each year.

8. We know you've been asked this probably 15 times this week. But share with us in 2010, what are you most thankful for?
That when I fell on the stairs this morning that I didn’t break any bones. I just twisted my ankle. I had just printed something on my printer and was coming down the stairs to go to the kitchen when I slipped and fell.
Lesson leaned: at 6 in morning turn on the stairway light and don’t read when going down the stairs.

9. Okay, the big question: are you going to 'attend' any of the "Black Friday" sales? ...and if you are, are you hard core serious like the 5 am "be there" crowd?
Why go shopping so early, you will still have 28 more shopping days until Christmas. Heck, it’s real easy to go shopping the day before Christmas, everything is gone off the selves and it makes picking a gift real easy. They can always exchange later for something that they want.

3 comments:

  1. Some people some until they drop hehehhee...Nice answers. Mine is up first entry...

    ReplyDelete
  2. My MIL use to always make corn pudding. I was looking at your post above, that kind of hate makes no sense to me.
    Thanks for your comment. I really think my father missed my mother as well. They say that's common.

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reading on the stairs can end badly! I hope you're okay...

    ReplyDelete