Sunday, September 12, 2010

Northampton Trans Pride 2010

The march and rally almost didn’t take place yesterday, it was called off earlier in the week, but at the last minute as group came together. It was a beautiful, you couldn’t have asked for better weather, mid seventies, light wind and partly sunny. I got up there around 10:30 and walked to Lampton Park where the march began and I marched with the Connecticut Outreach Society group. On the steps of city hall they held the rally. The speakers included Bet Powers, Monica Roberts, Gunner Scott and others, along with a couple of bands. Monica Robert is a long time trans-activists and was one of the first trans-people to lobby for ENDA back in the mid-nineties (her bog is here).
When the first band started play after Monica spoke, it was so loud that I took a walk to get away from the noise and I ended up at an ice cream shop and had a choclate milk shake. I came back to hear Gunner's speech and then I left around two.

I took a few pictures, Glenn Koetzner from the Rainbow Times took hundreds and they are on Facebook here.

I took a couple of short videos (less than 30 seconds), the quality isn’t that great (I took them with a still camera that has video capabilities), but you can get the feeling of the march.

No comments:

Post a Comment