Thursday, September 30, 2010

My Story Part 46 – The Things We Do

I was channel surfing and I came across this movie where they were waxing a man’s chest, and I was laughing so hard that tears came to my eyes. You see, I been there, done that. One time when I was going up to Fantasia Fair in Provincetown MA, I got this bright idea to have my chest and back waxed. Did it ever hurt! I shiver just thinking about it. And to think I actually did it, and now thinking back about it, I must have been crazy!

My other bright idea was using Nair on my chest; it makes me cringe now when ever I see and ad for it. I was also up at Fantasia Fair and I covered my whole body with Nair… a BIG mistake! Men’s body hair is thicker than women’s body hair so that meant that I had to leave Nair on longer and Nair is a caustic chemical, lye, and I ended up with a nice cherry red body. In addition, I got some on my nipple! You could hear me scream through out the B&B. The whole week was in agony every time I brushed up against something and my nipple was VERY tender the whole week.

I also tried an Epilady… not a good idea, ripping the hairs out by their follicles.

I finally settled for the old fashion way of removing hair, a good sharp razor and shaving cream.

Now that I am on hormones my hair turned real fine and you can only see the hair up close. I went from a hair Italian man to a skin smooth woman. However, hormones does not remove the beard, for that I needed years and years of electrolysis. I joke that when an electrologist sees a trans-person enter their shop, they see a new pool, an addition to their house or a new car. We spend years in their shops at around $75 per hour = $$$$$

Hypothesis – body hair keeps you cooler in the summer and warmer in the winter.

Theory – body hair keeps your clothes away from you body and it the summer it keeps your clothes from sticking to your body. This results a cool space between the sweat evaporating from your clothes and your skin. In the winter the opposite is true, body hair provides an air pocket to trap your heat.

Observation – when I shaved my body hair I could feel an immediate difference, I was cold all the time and I felt drafts more.

1 comment:

  1. OWWW!!! Been there, done that! I tried the nair thing once and not only did my whole body turn cherry red, it didn't even remove all the hair and I still had to shave!!! I know that some girls swear by epilating and if it works for them more power to them but I found it to be more time consuming than shaving plus you need to let your hair grow out, so for a couple of days your skin feels like sandpaper and you look like a gorilla! Grrr! what's a girl to do?

    ReplyDelete