Sunday, April 18, 2010

This Weekend’s Recap

As I mentioned in the Saturday 9 meme I was one of the organizer for the conference yesterday and we had a lot of positive feedback today about it. We have been planning the conference since August, meeting once a month and then weekly starting in March. As a result, this was our largest conference yet, we had over 180 attendees up from about 150 last year. You can see the program guide here.

I wasn’t planning on giving a workshop, but we needed an extra panel member for one workshop, so I filled in for it. Also, I was asked to introduce our keynote speaker, Donna Rose and I only flubbed the intro in one spot.


After the conference, there was an impromptu wine and cheese party at the director of Community-Based Education at UConn for the conference organizers. I only had one glass of wine, but when I got home, I just licked off my shoes and fell asleep on my bed. I was awake at 3:30AM, was at the conference at 7:30AM, stayed to the end at 6:00PM, and I was at the party until 7:00PM… it was a long day.

However, the conference was the only thing that I did this week. On Friday, I gave a presentation at the UConn School of Social Work on “Working with Gender-Variant Clients – Macro Perspectives” to the field supervisors for the school’s interns. Each year the supervisors are required to get CEU’s to maintain their positions. I received a lot of positive feedback from my presentation and the Associate Dean of Academic Affairs came up to me afterward and said that it was very informative and that I am a good public speaker. That I'm very knowledgeable in the laws and polices that affect the community. It was also my very first paid gig, I received a honorarium.

Photos by Glenn Koetzner

1 comment:

  1. So glad the conference was a success! All your hard work paid off.

    ReplyDelete