Saturday, January 16, 2010

Saturday Six – Episode 301

Patrick’s Place Saturday Six – Episode 301

1. You’re at an Italian restaurant on a first date: how do you eat your spaghetti: do you cut it with the folk or roll it onto the tines? (And eating something else isn’t an option!)
Since I am Italian, there is only one correct way spaghetti. You take the fork in one hand, the spoon in the other hand and you roll the spaghetti on to the fork using the spoon at the end of the fork to keep the spaghetti on the fork.

2. You’ve prepared a nice soup for dinner when you happen to hear a news story that bay leaves, even after being cooked, are sharp enough to tear internal organs when eaten whole. (It’s true.) Do you fish them out of your masterpiece, warn your guests in advance not to eat them, or just assume everyone knows to not eat the extra greenery?

I usually take them out of the soup before I serve the soup. All the recipes that I have tell you to remove the bay leaves.

3. You’re having dinner at a nice restaurant with a group of friends and acquaintances. The sauce of your main course is the best you’ve ever tasted. You’ve eaten most of the dish, but you’ve got part of a roll and some sauce left. Do you sop up a little sauce for one more taste?

I would be terrible tempted to sop up the sauce, but I wouldn’t. Maybe lick the plate instead....just kidding!

4. This time, you’re at a seafood restaurant with folks you don’t know as well. Do you order a crab or lobster, a dish that would involve a lot of shell-cracking and a potential minor mess, or do you stick with something cleaner like a nice grilled fillet?
If you follow my blog at all, you would know that if there is a lobster on the menu, I’ll have it. I never walk away from a lobster.

5. You’re invited to a cookout by a friend, but when you get there, you discover that the main thing being cooked, that everyone else is a big fan of, is something you don’t like. Would you still eat a serving to be neighborly, or try to talk your way out of that one dish?
I am not big on ethnic foods; however, I would eat some if I had to. I feel that sometimes you just have to do some things that you don’t like. I hate Chinese foods, but if everyone wants to go to a Chinese restaurant, I will go them and have some.

6. You’re back at a seafood restaurant with friends. Unknowingly, you order a fish that is served whole, head and all. Do you send it back or just deal with it?
I would eat it and maybe make a joke, “Here’s looking at you kid.”

1 comment:

  1. you are right all the recipes do say remove the bay leaf

    ReplyDelete