Friday, October 16, 2009

Saturday 9: Inside Job

Crazy Sam’s Saturday 9: Inside Job



1. When you were young, what did you want to be when you grew up?
I wanted to be a rocket scientist.

2. Did you ever pursue that career?
No, I went in to electrical engineering instead.

3. If you are not in that field, what changed?

I decided I liked playing with electricity more than playing with rockets

4. What is your current job?
The best job there is… I’m retired!

5. What's the best part of what you do?

Not having to worry about sleeping through the alarm clock, because I don’t have an alarm clock any more.

6. Do you have plans to do something else down the road?
Yes, I'm get my Master's degree in Social Work. Now there’s a career change for you from electrical engineer to social worker.

7. How did you get your present job? If you are a stay at home mom, how long did you need to plan that move?
You work for 35 years and then you retire. No planning necessary, growing old comes naturally.

8. Did your parents influence your choices of jobs over the years?
No, not really. I think they were happy that I went into engineering.

9. What advice would you give your children on careers?
Like your job, you are going to be working for a very long time. So like what you do.

7 comments:

  1. #1 is cool! I envy you at #5. Good luck on your masteral :) my Saturday 9 is up too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Retirement sounds good to me :)

    Enjoy your weekend!
    http://iamharriet.blogspot.com/2009/10/when-you-were-young-what-did-you-want.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rocket scientist? That's great! You sound very happy. Very cool...

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's nice you found another calling and passion.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Best of luck w/ your masters! Follow your passion.

    Enjoy your weekend!

    Here's mine:

    http://thebookresort.blogspot.com/2009/10/saturday-9-inside-job.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. rocket scientist sound cool but sounds like you went into a great job as well

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like you are very happy. I have been writing a lot about the twists and turns required to find your ideal path. So much of what we think we want to be is influenced by the career designs of others. Ultimately, it is our real world experience that identifies the strengths and passions unique to us, and the path that is meant for us alone.

    Rick Smith

    ReplyDelete