Monday, October 05, 2009

Manic Monday #184

Lisa’s Manic Monday #184



Do you read an actual print newspaper? If so, how often?
I read the newspaper every day, I subscribe to the main newspaper in Connecticut.

What is your main source of news?
The internet, mainly Google news, blogs such as, the Huffington Post, Connecticut Local Politics, CT News Junkie, My Left Nutmeg, POLITICO, Pam’s House Blend and the Bilerico Project.

Do you believe that it's possible for the media to be unbiased?
I believe that forty years ago it was, in the era of Walter Cronkite and David Brinkley. However, now it is all about the corporate bottom line, news that sells and talking heads. Fluff news.
With the mainstream media owned by corporate conglomerates, you might not want to say something that would upset some general because you might not get the contract for the next jet fighter.
I think you have read a variety of sources in order to ferret out the news.

3 comments:

  1. on #3, u are right but that is sad right :( good thing there's still media here thats i believe it is unbiased.. and hopefully what i believe is correct ;)

    mine is up too

    ReplyDelete
  2. Walter Cronkite was always a familiar face as I was growing up. He was the last, great, true newsman.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still read an actual newspaper too.

    I played too :)

    ReplyDelete