Tuesday, June 23, 2009

NYC Pride March

I am going down to New York City this Sunday to march in the Pride Parade. This is the 40th Anniversary of the Stonewall Uprising. I am going with some friends and we are taking the 8:32AM train from New Haven and arriving at Grand Central Station at 10:12. We will be marching with the "TG Fund on behalf of: Sons & Daughters of Sylvia Rivera (NTAC)" We were told to meet at E. 56th St. between 5th Ave. & Madison Ave. and we will be up near the front of the Parade in Section 1, Group 13.

This will be the first Pride parade that I have been in and I am looking forwarded to marching. It suppose to be in the upper 80's or the low 90's and humid...ugh. I hope to take plenty of photos to post next Monday. So stay tuned.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, I've often wondered why you never marched in any Pride parades. Me? I'm a Pride parade nut! I loooove to march and be proud after all those years of suppression and shame and guilt.
    I've done NYC Pride 3 or 4 times and It's definitely my mostest favorite!! It's a long, hot march, but the crowd is great!!! And it gets better and better the closer you get to Christopher Street. It's a wonderful high!!! You'll see!!!

    ReplyDelete