Sunday, June 07, 2009

Hartford Pride ‘09

I went to the Hartford Pride festival yesterday. The festival was held at Bushnell Park in Hartford behind the state capitol. There was another event going on at the same time as the Pride festival, a “Run for the Cure” was being held on the other side of Bushnell. The festival was the largest that I have seen in a while in Hartford, there must have been close to fifty vendors there and during the day, I would estimate that well over a thousand people pasted through. They had live entrainment through out the day, including Tiffany, Betty, and Sister Funk. There was a mime that was performing on the lawn in front of the state capitol who was miming taking a bath.

For the first time; there were four transgender group that had a table at the Pride. I knew most of the people at the trans-booths so I spend time visiting them, but I spent most of my time at the COS booth. I was out in the sun a little too much, my back was sunburned when I got home. It was a sunny day with a light breeze and the breeze was enough that so that I didn’t feel the sun. I was sitting under a tent and as the sun light started shining under the tent I had to keep moving, however, my back must have been out in the sun more then I thought.

I am planning on attending the Pride parade in New York city on June 28, it will be the 40th anniversary of the Stonewall Uprising.

No comments:

Post a Comment