Saturday, January 17, 2009

Saturday Six - Episode 249

Patrick’s Place Saturday Six - Episode 249

1. What commonly-used word in speech annoys you the most? When did you hear it last used?
"You know", I hear it so much it doesn’t register any more.

2. Which commonly-used word annoys you the most when you hear it mispronounced? What’s the most common mispronunciation you hear for this word?
I am not going to comment on this question, because I do it all the time and it is one of the symptoms of dyslexia.

3. Which word(s) do you wish people would use more often?

Thank you and please.

4. Take the quiz: What’s Your Word?




Your Word is "Peace"



You see life as precious, and you wish everyone was safe, happy, and taken care of.
Social justice, human rights, and peace for all nations are all important to you.

While you can't stop war, you try to be as calm and compassionate as possible in your everyday life.
You promote harmony and cooperation. You're always willing to meet someone a little more than halfway.



5. Which internet expression or abbreviation do you use most often?
I usually do not use internet shorthand. But I do use emoticon a lot.

6. Which internet expression or abbreviation would you most like to see disappear forever?
YMMV – Your Mileage May Vary

3 comments:

  1. I agree with you on internet shorthand. I do use the smile now & again, but I hate LOL. Is that a laugh track? If I couldn't figure that you were telling a joke or kidding, LOL ain't gonna help...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to hear more of please and thank you too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My Word is "Fearless"!
    You see life as your one chance to experience everything, and you just go for it! You believe the biggest risk is being afraid and missing out on something amazing.

    Sometimes your fearlessness means you're daring. You enjoy risky activities. And sometimes your fearlessness means you're courageous. You're brave enough to do the right thing, even when it's scary.

    ReplyDelete