Sunday, January 04, 2009

Saturday Six - Episode 247

Patrick’s Place Saturday Six - Episode 247

1. Have you ever been asked to speak in front of an audience? If so, what was the occasion and how do you feel you did?
Yes, many of times, once was before an audience of about 200 people. I have also been interviewed by a TV crew (out of a 5-minute interview the used one sentence) and I have been on a cable access program (you know the ones that nobody watches).
I do outreach (educational training) at colleges, universities and I lobby legoslators about gender discrimination and when I am talking I don’t have time to be nervous, I am too busy think about what I am going to say.

2. If you were asked to appear on David Letterman’s show, do you have a “Stupid Human Trick” you could perform?
I can wiggle my nose and ears at the same time.

3. If you were asked to be in a circus, would you be more comfortable as a clown, a trapeze artist, a tightrope walker, a juggler, an animal trainer, or the ringmaster?
A juggler, I am not clownish, I do not like heights, I don’t like to torture animals and I don’t like the center stage.

4. Take the quiz
: What Circus Act Should You Perform?




You Should Juggle



You've got the talent to go far in life, but you don't really like to take risks.
You rather practice your well honed skills than put your life in danger.

You are agile and coordinated. You can work magic with your hands.
You truly mesmerize people. You don't have to resort to cheap tricks and gimmicks.



5. How old were you the first time you visited a circus? How did you like it?
Somewhere around 7 – 10 years old, I thought it was fantastic.

6. How often would you describe your real job as a “circus?” Do you think it seems to be getting more or less like a circus?

Before I retired, I thought that work was a circus everyday. The last company that bought us out, had no idea how to run a manufacturing company.

No comments:

Post a Comment