Saturday, November 08, 2008

Saturday Six - Episode 239

Patrick’s Place Saturday Six - Episode 239

1. If you had to fill in as a substitute teacher at a local middle school, what subject would you be most comfortable teaching?

Math or Science, definitely not English.

2. When you were in school, what was a better indication of your true understanding of what you were learning: class participation, the accuracy of your homework, or your test scores?
I freeze up on tests, I do OK with homework if I have enough time to review my work to make sure I didn’t make some stupid error. In class participation I excel; but it is funny all through school and college I never answered a question unless it was directed to me. However, now that I am in Grad school I sometimes feel that I am monopolizing the conversation.

3. You meet someone for the first time and have a brief conversation with them. If you run into them the next afternoon, how likely are you to remember their name?
Ten - twenty percent chance I would remember their names and lets go beyond remembering their name to remembering their face. It is funny, I have a hard time remembering someone outside of the context where I know them. If I met you professionally and I met you at an art gallery, I would have a hard time connecting your face. I one time didn’t recognize a girlfriend in a bank because it wasn’t a setting that I associated her with… she didn’t take too kindly to me not recognizing her… Ops.

4. Take the quiz:
Do You Have Gaps in Your Knowledge?


There Are 0 Gaps in Your Knowledge

Where you have gaps in your knowledge:
No Gaps!
Where you don't have gaps in your knowledge:
Philosophy
Religion
Economics
Literature
History
Science
Art



5. If you had “gaps” in your knowledge, did you expect to have them where they were predicted? If you had none, which of the listed subjects would be the ones you’d most expect gaps to be?
I wasn’t too sure about Plato's teacher, which poet was not an American, and which composer was deaf, they were lucky guesses.

6. If you could go back to school for one semester free of charge and “try again” with any subject, which one would you choose and why?
Funny you should ask that, because I have gone back to college after thirty years. I have a Bachelor’s Electrical Technology and I went back to college for my Master’s in Social Work because I want to help the trans-community.

1 comment:

  1. Back to college after 30 yrs???
    Good for you!!!!

    ReplyDelete