Sunday, August 17, 2008

Saturday Six - Episode 227

Patrick’s Place Saturday Six - Episode 227

1. Who is your favorite artist? If you could have any of this person’s artwork in your home, which piece would you choose?
Salvador Dali, I love all his work but my to favorites are The Persistence of Memory (Which I saw at the Wadsworth Atheneum), Apparition of Face and Fruit Dish on a Beach (Which is part of the Wadsworth Atheneum permanent collection ) and Panoramic Visage

2. What is the most artistic thing you have ever attempted to create?
I think my photographs.

3. Did you keep the “attempt” or did it get tossed?
I keep them all.

4. Take the quiz: How good are you at spotting real art?
I will skip the quiz because you have to log-in in order to get your answers.

5. Which museum would you most like to visit and why?
The next museum on my list is the Hill-Stead Museum in Farmington CT. Why? Because it is a local museum, it is small but very well known and they have several major artists in their collection: Degas, Manet, Monet and Whistler (No, they do not have a portrait of his mother).

6. If you had both the artistic talent and a beautiful body, would you be more likely to create a piece of artwork based on a nude model, or to pose as a nude model yourself?
No, I have no desire to pose nude for any artist nor would I like to paint any.

1 comment:

  1. Have you seen the Dali in film exhibit at MoMA? It's really interesting and fun...

    ReplyDelete