Saturday, August 09, 2008

Dog Sitting In Maine

This weekend I am up at my brother and sister-in-law’s condo dog sitting their dog Mattie…
Isn’t she dainty? I just love the way she crosses her legs.

Today I went up to East Point Sanctuary in Biddeford Pool ME and walked over to the other side of the point. I didn’t know that there was a lighthouse there, my brother just said that there was a nice walking path there along the coast, so I was pleasantly surprised when I saw Wood Island Lighthouse.

I think this is the best picture of the lighthouse series, it was taken at F9.0 1/250 using a 300mm zoom lens and a polarizing filter, the camera was set at Aperture Priority so that I could control the speed. Since I was using a 300mm lens, I wanted to take the picture at a fast enough speed would not blur.
(The little dots in the water are lobster pot buoys)

Along the trail there were these bushes, I have no idea what they are, my guess is maybe wild cranberries.
Dinner, it looks like the seagulls had a crab dinner.
Heathcliff pauses to have his picture taken…

1 comment: