Sunday, May 04, 2008

Sunday’s Hike – Valley Falls Park

Today’s hike was at Vernon’s Valley Falls Park and we hiked the Railroad Brook trail. The trail started by crossing the dam at the end of the pond and as I was taking this picture, I woke somebody up who sunning themselves on the rocks by the stream. A snake! Or more precisely a 18” – 24” black snake, I didn’t get a good look at him as I was jumping back, I checked to see that he was not copper colored nor had a rattle and he wouldn’t hold still for me to get a picture.
The trail followed the brook for about a mile, then we turned around and headed back to the parking lot.
Along the trail there were these ground cover flowers

2 comments:

  1. Eww to the snake. Otherwise, great photos. It rained alllllllll day here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just the word snake strikes fear in my heart.

    The stream photo is my absolute favorite. It's a gorgeous shot!

    ReplyDelete