Sunday, May 18, 2008

Ogunquit Maine Trip

I went up to Ogunquit ME for the weekend and I had a pretty good time. I was disappointed that there were not more members of the Connecticut Outreach Society there, when we organized the trip, six or seven members said that they wanted to go. Well there were only five of us that went and two were not any of the original members who said that they wanted to go. However, we still had a good time and weather cooperated.

I got up to Ogunquit a little after 2:30 on Friday and I met up with the other member who was staying at the Bed and Breakfast. We walked to the center of town around five and went to a piano bar to wait for the others. There were not too many people in the bar when we got there but by the time all my friends arrived the bar was packed, there were six of us, five members and a spouse and we left to go to dinner.

Since this is Maine and a shore town, that meant a seafood dinner and we went down to a restaurant at Perkin’s Cove. I had haddock stuffed with lobster (you knew that lobster had to be involved some how) which was delicious.

Over night it rained but by morning the rain had stopped and the sun was trying to come out, we drove over to Nubble Lighthouse because a couple of had never been to Maine before and we had to do the tourist thing. We then went back and walked around town window shopping. I never did make it down the Marginal Way, one of my friends had a sore knee so we couldn’t walk that long of a distance. We dodged rain showers and had lunch at a nice little place on a deck under umbrellas.

We were down to just three of us, that couple was only there for dinner and one of my friends had to go home because of a family engagement. So the three of us went to the RV park where my other friends had their RV parked and we sat around there for a little while, I made the mistake laying down in a lawn chair and dozed off. Later we went down to Ogunquit for some bar hopping, we went to this “lesbian bar” for some drinks… well it was a lesbian bar but now it was a gay country and western bar! (It turned out that only a couple of nights during the summer it is women's night.) When we walked in there was about eight or ten guys in cowboy hats standing around. I went into panic mode when I saw all of the cowboy hats but calmed down thinking this is Ogunquit, so we stayed for a couple of drinks out on the deck. Around seven we went to get dinner but all the restaurants we packed, so we had pizza. After dinner we went back to the piano bar that we went to the night before and it was packed but we managed to find some seats.

Here is a photo of Nubble Lighthouse and it was the only photos I was able to take even though I lugged my camera all around town.

The B&B was nice but the bed was unbelievable high, it was up to my waist (and I am six feet tall) and I needed a stepstool to get in bed. I can’t figure out why they wanted a bed so high. You can’t sit on it because your feet do not touch the floor and you slide off.
The bathroom had a neat shower with nozzles on two walls and a rain nozzle overhead… I want one for my house!

1 comment:

  1. oh how nice! I love Ogunguit, such a beautiful place. The shot of Nubble Light came out great!

    ReplyDelete