Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Busy Day Yesterday

Yesterday I went to a reception for the “Permanent Commission on the Status of Women” that was held at St. Joseph’s College. The commission is part of the Anti-Discrimination Coalition and they have been very actively lobbying for the bill. It was a good networking experience and I met many people from the area who work for non-profits that support trans issues.

After the reception, I went home, changed and headed down to Hamden to “The Space” to hear a folk signer Namoli Brennet, she is from Tucson (but was born in Waterbury CT). I have heard her play at other area clubs and I like her style of music. She writes, plays, records and published her CDs and I bought two of her latest CDs, “alive” and “Singer Shine Your Light”. A number of my friends were there already and I joined them, they had come earlier to hear the open mike artists perform. I just wanted to hear Namoli at 9:00pm, I got there around 8:30 and I heard some of the “open mike” singers and some were good and others were roll your eyes up bad.

Tonight I am going to Norwich to the support group Transgender and Loving Life (TaLL) meeting. Thursday, I plan on helping out at True Colors for a couple of hours in the afternoon and then at night go up to Springfield to the uniTy meeting, I want to find out what the plans are for Trans Pride. I think I will march with the Connecticut groups.

On Friday, (as if I haven’t traveled enough this week) I am going up to the cottage in New Hampshire to open it up for the season. I don’t know how long I will be up there, it all depends on the weather and the black flies.

1 comment:

  1. I had no idea that Namoli Brennet was born in Waterbury. (I ate lunch with her at True Colors last year, but the subject of our common birthplace never came up in our conversation.)

    ReplyDelete