Saturday, March 01, 2008

Saturday Six - Episode 202

Patrick’s Place Saturday Six - Episode 202

1. How often do you talk on your cell phone when you are driving? Of those times, how often are you using “hands-free” equipment like Bluetooth or ear buds?
I do not use my cell that much because I pay by the minute. My car has a Bluetooth link that I use. The first time I got a call, it scared me. I didn’t know at the time but it was set on auto-answer with no rings, so I was talking to a friend in the car when all of a sudden a voice over the radio was calling my name. I said, “What the heck!” (But I used a stronger word.) and the caller we a little put off by my answering the call that way. But now we have a good laugh over it.

2. Considering your most recent “close calls” caused by other drivers, would you say that the majority of the trouble-making drivers were using their cell phones at the time, too old to be driving, too young to be driving, or generally just not paying attention?
Yes, yes, yes and yes. I think it is a combination of all four, there is no one thing that causes accidents.

3. Do you favor a law that makes it illegal to use a cell phone behind the wheel at all — even when operating “hands-free?” Why or why not?
Connecticut has a hand free law that no one obeys, but I still thing it is a good idea. I think that they should not band cell phone calls all together.

4. Take the quiz: How’s Your Cell Phone Etiquette?



Your Cell Phone Etiquette is 22% Bad, 78% Good



Your cell phone manners are quite good. Not perfect, but almost.

Occasionally, you do annoy people with your cell. But when you realize it, you stop.



5. Where was the last inappropriate place (such as a movie theater or museum), where you heard someone else’s cell phone go off?
During class last week and they got up and walked out of the room..

6. Where was the last inappropriate place where your own cell phone embarrassed you by going off when you thought you had turned it off?
During a play, I turned it to vibrate but when I put it in my pocket, it must have press the button because it ranged nice and loud during the play

1 comment:

  1. I can understand you were embarassed.
    Nice to read your anwers.

    You can find mine: ::here::

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete