Wednesday, March 19, 2008

I Just Got Back From the Legislative Office Building

It was a very long day!

I got there a little before ten and I didn’t testify until five, I just hung around the LOB killing time until my number (which was ninety-five, you draw a number out of a basket that determines the order in which you testify. Not ever number was picked, I was about thirtieth person to testify.) was called. I read all my homework assignments and a good part of my book. We had about ten testify in favor and one opposed of the bill. The person who testified against the bill was a minister who didn’t know what the bill was all about but saw it said something about gender identity and transsexuals so he was opposed to it.

I will post my testimony tomorrow and when they post the transcript of the hearing, I will post the minister. Just try not to chuckle too loud.

No comments:

Post a Comment