Monday, February 25, 2008

Manic Monday

Manic Monday for February 25, 2008

How did you celebrate your last birthday?
I went up to my brother and sister-in-law’s condo.

What's the last thing you bought yourself, just for fun?
An MP3 player

What would the child you once were think of the adult you have become?
I think I would have been very surprised to see myself today, not only when I was a child but also just ten years ago.
Not only would, as a child I be surprised at myself, but society would also surprise me to see that the general population is much more accepting. The only role models we had back there was Christine Jorgensen and Renee Richards, and I knew I wasn’t like they were portrayed in the news. They were the butt of many jokes.

7 comments:

  1. wow, an mp3 player.
    Great gift!

    You can find my manic monday ::here::

    Welcome!

    Have a nice week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you like the MP3 player, I know how you love music. Do you have a way to link it to your Prius? I love to listen to my iPod in the car but it doesn't have a way to link it.

    You are right, the media was very harsh and things are changing...slowly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, my car has an Aux Input.
    When I went up to my brother's in Maine, it was nice, I did not have to listen to the same song all the way up and back. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. love your answers! happy MM!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, congrats on your post, I enjoyed it very much.

    Re: you being transsexual, I guess we have made a lot of progress in that area. I have a gay brother, who used to date a transvestite. Not an issue for me.

    Even more, one of the ministers at my church is not only a gay man, he's also legally married (and his husband sings with me in the choir). I couldn't think of nicer people, they're just great. My kids love them too.

    And you know what? Sometimes I will make a little white joke about that, and it's my way not to discriminate against them (again, as long as they're innocent, non offensive jokes). If me and my friends can make jokes about me being fat, or somebody else being bald, etc etc, why wouldn't we make jokes about that too? If we weren't, then I would feel I'm discriminating against them.

    Being gay, lesbian, transsexual, etc, is not a 'condition' or a 'sickness'. It's part of what they (you) are. There is nothing wrong with that.

    I think this was too long for a Manic Monday comment. Sorry about that! :-)

    My MM post is here.

    Happy MM!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I puffy pink heart my mp3 player :)

    ReplyDelete