Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Ice Storm


We are in the grips of an ice storm and we have lost power one this morning already for about 5 minutes. Just long enough so that I had to got around and reset all my clocks, and reprogram the radio stations. Hopefully, the wind will not pick up.
Last night’s class got out just in time, by the time I got home there was a thin coating on the roads and they were just starting to become slippery. Some time over night the snow changed to freezing rain.
This is a view looking over towards my neighbor back porch, as you can see everything is covered with a thick coating of ice and all the trees are bending over from the weight. Every once in a while I hear the crack of a limb or tree breaking under the weight. The temperature is just about freezing and the weather report says the temperature should increase to above freezing.

P.S. 1:00pm I just went to get the mail and I slipped and fell in to a puddle of ice water. I'm soaking wet, sneakers all fulled with ice water. Oh, so much fun :(

2 comments:

  1. Ice storms are worse than snow in my book. We had just a bit of ice yesterday and it was a mess getting home.

    Be careful out there!

    ReplyDelete