Sunday, January 20, 2008

Saturday First Event Conference in Peabody MA.

I was disappointed in this year conference. First of all I planned on going to hear at talk at noon by Jennifer Boylan about her new book and to get my copy autographed, but nowhere on their web-site did it mention that you had to pay $30 for lunch. The only other time that she was doing a workshop was during another workshop that I wanted to attend. Therefore, I never got my book signed. Second, they did not have that many workshops this year and also the attendance and number of vendors seemed to be a lot less than last year.

On the plus side, I did do a lot of networking and I meet a number of old friends. I attended a workshop called, Know Your Rights that was given by a couple of member of the Massachusetts Transgender Political Coalition and I was asked during the workshop if I wanted to talk about the Connecticut legislation. So I gave a brief summary of the history of the bill in Connecticut and what our plans are for the up-coming legislative session.

1 comment:

  1. Perhaps Jenny will come to CT at some point; I think they were talking about trying to get her to come speak / read at Real Art Ways.....

    ReplyDelete