Monday, January 21, 2008

Manic Monday

Manic Monday for January 21, 2008

If you had to be named after one of the 50 states, which would it be?
Connecticut – No
Massachusetts – Nope
Alaska – No way
Texas – Could be shorten to Tex, but I don’t think so…
Maine – Hmm, maybe
Maryland – Could be, it sounds like Maryann
D. C. – not a state but it has a nice ring to it. So I will cheat and go with D.C.

Where do you go for advice?

My brother.

What is the sickest you've ever been?

Hmm… it is a three-way tie:
When I was in college I had pneumonia and I was hallucinating with a high fever. They said I was seeing and talking to people who were not there.
When I had my heart problem.
When I had a reaction to the medication, I was taking a couple of years ago. I felt like I was hit by a Mac truck, muscle aches, fever and shakes. When I went to the doctor he said the words that you do not want to hear – “You got me stumped, I have no idea what’s wrong.” They then poked with neddles, got samples from every opening they could think of and just added to my misery.

7 comments:

  1. Hi, D.C.! :-) I'm Nevvie, short for Nevada. :-)

    Don't you just love paying doctors oodles of money to hear them say they're stumped? I stumped quite a few before I was finally diagnosed with my thyroid disorder years ago...which could have been diagnosed with a simple blood test, if any of them had been intelligent enough to run it! :-)

    Happy Monday! Come visit me if you get a chance! Breakfast at Tiffany's

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think most people become doctors so they can have an excuse to poke people with needles?! Lol

    Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi D.C., I'm Callie..what would you have D.C. to stand for? *SMILES*

    The Safe Harbor

    ReplyDelete
  4. D.C. sounds like a cool name, like for an action hero or a singer! :-)

    I had my first Manic Monday up today, you can see it here.

    Happy MM!

    ReplyDelete
  5. D.C-- I like that.

    Fevers with hallucinations are just horrible. And needles, forget about it. I hate them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. D.C is nice name. Interesting answers... Happy MM...

    ReplyDelete
  7. You must have a neat brother. It sounds like you have a lot of bad memories of being sick. My daughter and I are doing Maniac Monday for the first time.
    http://onwardchristianwoman.blogspot.com/
    http://ellenspotpourri.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete