Friday, January 11, 2008

Heating Oil Price

The price of heating oil for the fill up I just got was $3.35. I will keep posting the outrageous price of oil each time I get oil. I can always cut back on my driving if the price of gas goes up too much, but I already have my thermostat set for 65 during the day and 55 at night.
Can you imagine the affect this is going to have on retired or low income citizen? And, good ol' President Bush in his "Compassionate Conservatives" has cut the home heating fuel subsistence.

P.S. Right now we are in the middle of a heavy downpour and just after I published this, there a Pst, a flash and a BOOM. I hate when that happens because that means the lighting strike was within hundred feet of me. It is that Pst that gets me nervous because the is the sound of the streamer that is the arc leading up to the clouds that is a precursor to the lighting strike. Its time for a walk around the house to see if anything is smoking :-(

2 comments:

  1. Oh, stay warm!

    I have a little Presto Heat Dish that I sit next to in my kitchen - saves me from having to turn on the heat in the house - but I'm in SoCal so it's not like we really get cold at all here. But I really love it and so do my dogs...

    ReplyDelete
  2. 55- I would freeze! We do set it down to 60 at night and during the day when we're gone. We have natural gas, but it's none too cheap around here.

    ReplyDelete