Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Down to the Gold Coast

I had to go down to Greenwich this afternoon on personal business and it always amazes me when I go there; it is like going to another country or world. When you drive down a street all the houses have six or eight foot walls around them and everyone seems to be driving SUV’s. Not just any SUV’s but Cadillac’s, Lincolns and Hummers. When I parked my little Prius on the street I was surrounded by all theses monsters.

The homes are out of sight, both literally and price. The median house/condo value in 2005 was $1,286,300 and the prices are not going down in today’s housing market but are still climbing. These are not McMansions but mansions, their guest houses are bigger than my house. The median household income in 2005 was $108,800 for Greenwich compared to Beverly Hills CA. measly $81,100.

It was the first time I had to go down there to that office since they had moved out of Hartford and it was also the first time he saw me as Diana. When he saw me, he said that I was looking good, that he could see I was much happier and more relaxed. I think I impressed him.

1 comment:

  1. All of that conspicuous consumption- Ugh!

    I'm glad you had a good trip.

    ReplyDelete