Sunday, January 27, 2008

By the Way Sunday


By the way...

How many landlines (telephones) do you have in your house? (In use, that is.)

One, why would anyone need any more than one?

If you have landlines, do you plan on keeping them in the near future?
Yes, I do not see any reason not to keep it.

Do you ever call long distance on your landline?
Always, when I am home.

Do you own a cell phone?
Yes.

Do you consider your cell phone your main line or do you use it strictly for traveling and emergencies?
I got it mainly for an emergency and I use it only for about five or ten minutes a month. I use to turn it off when I was not using it but now that my aunt is in a nursing home I leave it on all the time. I discourage people from calling me on it, to call my landline first.

What brand is your cell phone? What fun features does your cell phone have?
Verizon on a pay pre use basis, I pay 30 cents a minute or part of a minute. I have no other features on my phone, I just use it as a phone (What a novel idea.).

Can you imagine your daily life without a cell phone?
No, it is great for directions or if you are running late for an appointment or if there is any last minute change in plans. Earlier in the month, I was down in the southern part of the state and I was on my way to my next meeting when I got a call telling me it was canceled.

Blast from the past...

Do you ever remember being on a party line?
Yes, but we never had one.

Do you remember when your phone was owned by the telephone company?
Yes and my parents kept on renting for a number of years afterward out of habit.

Do you remember having a telephone number with a prefix that was part letters?
Ex. MU9-0000.

Yes, ours was VAelly.

Last question...Overall, do you think we're better off for having cell phones or not?
Earlier in the month, I was down in the southern part of the state and I was on my way to my next meeting when I got a call telling me it was canceled.
Like any technology it can be missed used or over used.

Here is my question...
Do you remember dial phones?

2 comments:

  1. Hi Diana!
    I enjoyed reading your BTWS answers. Yes, I remember the dial phones extremely well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do remember rotary dial phones. We showed one to my son and he couldn't figure out how to dial it! LOL

    ReplyDelete