Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Another Busy Day

I was away at a conference all day in Hartford, the conference ran from 8:30am until 4:00pm and it was a long day sitting. I made many new connections with other people from other organizations that attended. I also met some people that I knew from before; one was a professor from a class that did an Outreach for down in New Haven and the other I knew from Real Art Ways.

The conference was on lobbying and I attended four workshops they were; the Legislative Process, Issues and Tactics, Lobbying One on One and Networking and Coalition Building; plus they had time for us to talk to other attendees. All four of the workshops were excellent and I got a lot out of them; they had a number of legislators there to explain the functions of the legislature. They had the Deputy President Pro-Tempore of the Senate, Minority Leader Pro-Tempore of the Senate, Assistant Majority Leader of the House, Deputy Speaker of the House, the Deputy House Republican Leader of the House and various other Senators and Representatives.

I bought a new pantsuit just for the conference, and here I thought I was through wearing suits, at least I didn’t have to wear a tie. I figured I should dress the part since there was going to be a lot legislators and lawyers there, I was right, and it turned out that I was right, there was many suits there.

Plus when I got home there was a blinking light on my answering machine, the nursing home call and my aunt had to go to the hospital; so I was there until 10:30pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment