Sunday, December 16, 2007

Winter’s Onset

Here are a couple of photos I have been meaning post, but never got around to it.
The first picture was taken at the family cottage on Thanksgiving weekend and was taken early in the morning as the fog was lifting from the lake. Thanksgiving day it was up in the sixties at the cottage in New Hampshire but overnight it dropped down into the teens. The open water created a thick icy fog and around the edges of the lake ice formed overnight. Late morning the fog started to lift and I took this picture.
The other photo was taken in my backyard after an ice storm we had on December 9th. It was so beautiful after the ice storm; everything was coated in sparking diamonds when the sun came out. As the ice fell off the limbs, it broke up into thousand of jewels that glittered in the sun light. The red berries contrast sharply to the black and white of the woods behind my house adding color to the monochromatic landscape.


I have no idea what type of bush it is, they were there when I cleared the woods when I built the house.

1 comment:

  1. I love those red berries! What a gorgeous sight. I have something similar in my yard and I've been fascinated by them.

    ReplyDelete