Sunday, November 11, 2007

Saturday Six - Episode 186

Patrick’s Place Saturday Six - Episode 186

1. Considering your political views now versus seven years ago, do you think they have changed or remained the same?
No they have not changed; I have always been a liberal

2. Should a president be allowed to run for a third term?
NO! We would end up with a dynasty or a “Ruler for Life”. Look what happens in Congress, once a Senator or Representative are elective it is also most impossible for them to get elected out of office. People are just lazy and will vote for someone just because they did in the past.

3. Do you think a president would be able to accomplish more if he could only be elected to a single term?
That is hard to say, look what happens with a “Lame Duck President” they tend to lose power or they push through bad legislation.

4. Take the quiz: Which political group most agrees with you?


LIBERALS usually embrace freedom of choice in personal matters, but tend to support significant government control of the economy. They generally support a government-funded "safety net" o help the disadvantaged, and advocate strict regulation of business. Liberals tend to favor environmental regulations, defend civil liberties and free expression, support government action to promote equality, and tolerate diverse lifestyles.

Your PERSONAL issues Score is 70%.
Your ECONOMIC issues Score is 20%.

How People Have Scored:
Centrist 33.57 %
Right (Conservative) 8.88 %
Libertarian 32.71 %
Left (Liberal) 16.95 %
Statist (Big Government) 7.89 %

Surprise!Surprise! Who would have ever thought that I was a Liberal.

5. Can you imagine ever running for office?
No. I do not think I want that much craziness in my life.

6. Let’s suppose that you were a candidate, and that you found some real dirt that no one else knew about your opponent. If that candidate started a negative campaign against you, how tempted would you be to use that information?

I would like to think I would take the high ground and not use it, but I think it would depend on the circumstance. I think if you opponent was campaigning on an anti-homosexual platform and I found out that he was Gay (Not that that would happen in real life.) I might use it. Or if he was running on an anti-corruption platform and I found out he was taking kickback I probability would use. But I would make sure it was true.

No comments:

Post a Comment