Saturday, November 03, 2007

Saturday Six - Episode 185

Patrick Place

1. What was the brand and model (if you remember) of the first computer you remember using?
An AIM65 made by Rockwell. It used a 6502 1Mhz processors with 8K RAM, a forty character LED display, 40 character printer and it use a tape recorder to store programs
My next computer was an Apple II+ with something new called a Disk Operating System (DOS).
Amended....
Before any of them I used a mainframe in college, an IBM 1620 to learn to program in FORTRAN (I think it was version II)

2. What year do you remember using a home computer for the first time?

To learn programing and I was on-line in 1979.

3. Hype aside, which platform do you prefer: Mac or PC?

PC, that was because of work everything there was PC based.

4. Take the quiz: Are you a Mac or PC?

You Are a Mac

You are creative, stylish, and super trendy.
You demand the best - even if it costs an arm and a leg.


5. How fair would you consider the quiz to be based on the responses?

The quiz was too simple and the questions were not computer related.

6. If money were no object, what brand of computer would you most likely purchase?
I will not buy a brand name computer; I would do what I did when I brought all my other computers. Have them custom built for me to my specs. from a store in town. It doesn’t cost any more than a brand name but you can get options that you cannot get from a store brand, like a RAID 1 drives. Now I think I would have a LINUX OS.

No comments:

Post a Comment