Wednesday, November 07, 2007

A Little of This and That


I had my final exam in my Research I class. I studied all weekend and Monday, I made flash cards out of 3X4 cards and by the time I left for the exam I had them down pat. I could answer all of them either the definition or the word and could explain all the strong and weak point, what type of survey was best for what they of research. I took two Advil PM to get a good night sleep. But when I took the test, I was lucky that I got my name right. I just froze and had a mental block; it was so frustrating which made it even worst. I just get so stressed out that I am being to question if I can stand that much stress for the next four years. The number of antacids and Advil PM’s that I take goes up the closer I get to an exam.

# # #

Yesterday for the first time I voted as Diana, it was kind of neat. This year Connecticut is using those new optical card readers, I don’t know but I still like those old mechanical voting machine, it just gave me a solid feeling of pulling the leveler and hearing all those gears turn, knowing that your vote was recorder. Sliding your ballot into a slot just doesn’t give me a warm and fuzzy feeling, how do you know that your ballot was actually read. For all you know you just fed your ballot into a shredder.

# # #

Last week I bought one of those precooked chicken at the supermarket and this morning I threw it into the crock pot to make barley chicken soup. I figure it was a good time to make chicken soup, the weather is turning cooler and a nice cup of hot chicken soup would be nice a cold winter days. I will get about seven or eight cups of soup out of it to freeze. I added carrots, celery, onions, a little bit of garlic, basil, parsley and barley, and then I let it slow cock all day.

# # #

The photograph is my backyard that I took last week just before the rains and wind from the remains of hurricane Noel came by. It was a lousy year for the foliage, the weather was too warm and dry, when the leaves did start to change the remnants of Noel knocked what color there was off the trees.

3 comments:

  1. I'm sorry that the testing went so hard for you.

    The foliage photo is fantastic. I love the saturated colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I took it at sunset and the sky was fire red. The cloud shield from Noel was just overhead making it bright red.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on voting as Diana. Was it especially liberating?

    ReplyDelete