Thursday, October 25, 2007

Semester is Winding Down

I finished the paper on parenting yesterday with an hour to spare, that was what I was studying for when I was up at Fantasia Fair in Provincetown. For an in-class exercise we had to breaking into groups and go over a questions that he asked of each group. For our group the question was; is your professional you different from the you that your friends know and if so describe the difference. I started laughing. Well, yeah! There was just a little difference; at work I was the mild manor supervisor and at night I was the activist ready to storm the gates, besides the fact that I was Don during the day and at night I was Diana. So I ended up given a little Trans 101 to the class.
The classes are ending in November; for the Research class the final is the sixth and the Micro class ends on the fourteenth. In the Micro class the professor asked if we want a final exam and we voted no. So he said that for those who feel they need the extra credit they can take the exam.
Today I helped out at the Hartford Gay and Lesbian Health Collective and for lunch I went up to Windsor to have lunch with some friends from work. It was nice to see some friends again that I haven’t seen in awhile, to get caught up on who is still working at the shop and where they got jobs.
On the agenda for tonight is the CTAC Board meeting and then tomorrow its off to Voluntown for Facilitator Training until Sunday.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you're nearing the end of the semester.

    Your question about the difference between the professional you and the personal you. There's a fairly big difference for me too, but obviously not as much as you. ;-)

    ReplyDelete