Saturday, October 20, 2007

Pronouns and Being Sired

This evening I went down to the town pier to take some photographs at sunset. As I was walking back a group of ladies asked me if I could take their picture, so I did. While we were talking they started using the pronoun “He” mixed in with “She” and I could tell that they didn’t really know what pronoun to use or that it was accidental. So it did really bother me that much.
But when I went down for dinner to a pizza place, I had a shaker of cheese on my table. A man came up to me asking; “Sir, can I use the cheese?” and I said yes I was finished with it. He replied, “Thank you Sir” picked it up, sprinkled some on his pizza slice and putting it back on the table saying, “Thank you Sir”. He stood there for a second grinning and walked away. Emphasizes his.
I didn’t react one way or another to give him the satisfaction but keep eating. But that asshole really pissed me off, he had to go out of his way just to show he knew that is was trans. He was on a little ego trip at my expense but all it showed me was that he was an idiot.

6 comments:

  1. Unfortunately, being in P-town the week of Fan Fair, people are gonna be on the lookout for transfolk....and some people are just jerks....

    Sorry you ran into him....

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can forgive the ladies, but as you said the guy was trying to make a point for his own idiocy.

    Won't it be nice when the day comes when no one cares if a person is a L,G,B,T,or S. I hope it happens in my lifetime.

    Until then we ignore their ignorance and keep out heads high.

    ReplyDelete
  3. In both incidences you were the epitome of grace and dignity. You go!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Diana,

    You did exactly as any human would - ignore the idiot. Clearly he was there for voyeristic reasons and trying to nudge you into some type of confrontation. Kudos for not giving into his fetish!

    Sad we all just can't look at each other as humans instead of categorizing -- but not sure I'd even consider him human.

    Looking on the bright side - one arrogant jerk during the entire time you were there for me would shine a light on Ts as a normative part of society :)

    patty

    ReplyDelete
  5. Patty

    Yes, but how would you define "Normal" in P'town?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree , I am glad you did not react to the cretin with penis envy . I am sure you frustrated the little eunuch .....It was looking to prove that he had a set , instead you showed him how a lady reacts to little prick less boys .
    Bravo !!! bravo I say !!!
    Now stop wasting you time and energy thinking of it and it's conduct , you have important things to contemplate like ....a lipstick that matches those new pumps !!!!!!
    Stephen

    ReplyDelete