Sunday, October 14, 2007

By the Way Sunday



By the way...

What do you have the most of right now? ones, fives, or tens?

Two Twenties.

Do you give yourself a weekly cash allowance?
No, I have monthly budget since that is the way I get paid.

When you're out shopping, which do you use most...cash, credit, or debit?

Food – debit
Items under about $20 with cash and all others with a credit card.

Do you use coins in your transactions or stick strictly to bills?

Strictly bills and when I get a gallon jar fill I cash them in.

Do you keep track of what cash you spend?

No, I don’t keep track of cash, but I do for credit card purchases.

Have you ever lost a lot of cash?

Would losing a check for $50,000 count? I misplaced my father life insurance check after he died. The check came the day I was going on vacation, I put it in the proverbial safe place and I could not find it when I came back from vacation. They did issue a new check, but I found the old check about six months later.

What is the largest amount of cash you have seen?
Would you believe a Million dollars? When I was probably ten or twelve we went to Washington DC and visited the Bureau of Engraving where they had a pile of newly print $100 bills that was worth $1,000,000. It is something you do not forget.

2 comments:

  1. Diana, I read a wonderful article in Bitch magazine (or was it Utne) about two dollar bills and how strip clubs have begun to give change ONLY with two dollar bills. They find that not only will pattrons over-tip (cause they get confused about the bill), they go out of their way to unload the bills so that no one knows they were at a strip club.

    The demand has been so great for the two dollar bills by strip clubs that the feds have taken notice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Diana!
    Came by to read your BTWS answers. My son saves all his change, he accumulates quite a lot. So far, you have seen the most cash all at once! Enjoy your week ahead. :)

    ReplyDelete